Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

You may not have realized, but this week was Teacher Appreciation Week.  In honor of this, the greatest of all celebrations that I don't get out of school for, my students (and several others) wrote notes to their favorite teachers.  Here is a sampling of notes I received, in honor of those precious babies who thought I would give them extra credit for writing their note to me.  I shall categorize them for you.

1. Some were short and to the point:
"you're special to me."
"you are awesome."
"you are nice."

2. Some were very matter-of-fact:
"you work hard in teaching"
"you are always smiling :)"
"you're so fun and understanding, and intelligent."
"you teach us what we need to know and you are very nice and respectable lady."

3. One was a little odd:
"You're Awesome...Meow" -this one included a hand-drawn cat licking it's paw.

4. Some had cute and endearing grammatical errors:
"Youre the awesomestest"
"The 2 years I've taken your class had have been fun!  You always have a positive attitude & you always know how to make any lesson fun :)" -she corrected her own mistake!
"Merci!  Tu a une prof magnifique.  Not only do you teach us french But you allow us to have fun with it <3."-for my non-francophone friends, she wrote "you has a magnificent teacher" and I'm pretty sure she meant "you are a magnificent teacher"...  maybe not?

5. And then there were my favorites:
"Cause you are a wonderful teacher and you are patient and very understanding and you take the time to make sure every student learns something everyday."
"You are my cousin and you have a great way in teaching.  I love you Mrs. Wehr"-this particular student calls me "Cousin Wehr" on a regular basis because she knows that we were meant to be family... it's particularly funny that she calls me this because she's black, and I'm the pastiest white kid you've ever met.
"You were my teacher for two years and if I didn't think I'd fail French 3 honors I'd take it just because you teach it."
"I love you so much and you love me the way I am and I know you wouldn't trade me for nothing! :)"

And I really wouldn't trade my kids for "nothing"!

1 comment:

  1. These are so sweet! You should collect them all and put them in a collage to frame so you see it EVERY day!!

    ReplyDelete